MSU medical resident investigated for reported sexual assaults

An MSU medical resident is under investigation for three incidents of sexual assault, according to a Lansing State Journal report.

Reported on Sept. 27 were two incidents of first-degree criminal sexual conduct and one incident of second-degree criminal sexual conduct, according to the Clery Fire and Crime Log.

“The MSU Police Department is currently investigating three related criminal sexual assault complaints,” MSUPD Capt. Doug Monette said in an interview with The State News. “The investigation is ongoing and there is no threat to the community. Due to the ongoing investigation, no additional details will be released at this time."

The Lansing State Journal reported that university spokeswoman Emily Guerrant said the resident has been suspended from clinical duties and that there will be a Title IX investigation.

The resident was performing a post-graduate residency under supervision of the MSU College of Osteopathic Medicine, according to the report. Former boss of ex-MSU doctor Larry Nassar, William Strampel, was formerly the dean of the college.

Stay with The State News for updates on this story.

Share and discuss “MSU medical resident investigated for reported sexual assaults” on social media.