Michigan State men's basketball ranked No. 10 in preseason AP poll

Sophomore guard Cassius Winston (5) drives the ball towards the net during the second half of the 2018 Big Ten Men's Basketball semifinal game against Michigan on March 3, 2018 at Madison Square Garden in New York. The Spartans were defeated by the Wolverines, 75-64. (Nic Antaya | The State News)

The preseason edition of the NCAA men’s basketball AP Top 25 poll was released Monday afternoon, and Michigan State found its way into the top-10 for the second-straight season, landing at the No. 10 spot on the list.

Three other Big Ten teams found their way into the rankings behind the Spartans; No. 15 Minnesota, No. 19 Northwestern and No. 19 Michigan. Also receiving votes were Indiana (98), Nebraska (35), Maryland (28) and Wisconsin (24).

The complete preseason AP Top 25 poll is listed below:

1. Kansas

2. Kentucky

3. Gonzaga

4. Duke

5. Virginia

6. Tennessee

7. Wichita State

7. Nevada

8. North Carolina

9. Villanova

10. Michigan State

11. Auburn

12. Kansas State

13. West Virginia

14. Oregon

15. Virginia Tech

15. Minnesota

16. Syracuse

17. Florida State

18. Mississippi State

19. Northwestern

19. Michigan

20. TCU

21. UCLA

22. Saint Mary’s (Cal.)

The basketball season kicks off for Michigan State Nov. 6 as the Spartans will head to Indianapolis to take on the No. 1 Kansas Jayhawks in the first game of the Champions Classic.  Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. EST. 

Share and discuss “Michigan State men's basketball ranked No. 10 in preseason AP poll” on social media.