Kickoff for Michigan State football vs. Michigan set at noon

<p>Senior linebacker Chris Frey Jr. (23) celebrates with the Paul Bunyan Trophy after the game against Michigan on Oct. 7, 2017 at Michigan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Wolverines, 14-10.</p>

Senior linebacker Chris Frey Jr. (23) celebrates with the Paul Bunyan Trophy after the game against Michigan on Oct. 7, 2017 at Michigan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Wolverines, 14-10.

Photo by Jon Famurewa | The State News

The competition for the Paul Bunyan Trophy now has a set kickoff time.

The Big Ten announced Monday morning Michigan State (3-2, 1-1 in Big Ten) will take on No. 12 University of Michigan (5-1, 3-0) at noon Oct. 20 in Spartan Stadium.

The game will be televised on Fox (Channel 47 in the Lansing area, Channel 2 in Detroit).

Coach Mark Dantonio has won eight out of 11 games against the Wolverines, while Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is 1-2 in three games against MSU, with the lone win coming in 2016. The Wolverines beat MSU 32-23 in East Lansing, as the Spartans finished 3-9 that season.

The last time Dantonio beat U-M in East Lansing was in 2014, when the Spartans beat then-coach Brady Hoke's Wolverines 35-11. The Spartans finished the season 11-2 and beat Baylor 42-41 in the 2015 Cotton Bowl on New Year's Day.

The Spartans will face No. 8 Penn State (4-1, 1-1) at 3:30 p.m. Saturday at Beaver Stadium in University Park, and will be televised on BTN.

The Wolverines host No. 15 Wisconsin (4-1, 2-0) at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Michigan Stadium, and will be televised on ABC. ESPN's "College Gameday" will broadcast live from Ann Arbor Saturday morning.

Share and discuss “Kickoff for Michigan State football vs. Michigan set at noon” on social media.