How to annoy your roommate

snews-2018-amb-26

It’s just part of the college experience. It’s expected to have a bad roommate your freshman year. But for me, I lived with one of my best friends, so my experience was a bit different.

Instead of finding ways to smooth things over and make our living situation as easy as possible, I spent a lot of my time finding ways to get under his skin. 

One of the best ways to irritate your roommate is to not refill the Brita filter after you empty it. 

After a harsh Saturday night, waking up to no water available in the room is a clear-cut way to get someone mad. 

My roommate, for whatever reason, liked the room to be as cold as possible. I thought that was weird, but for the most part I dealt with it. 

But when it came to winter, there was little reason to have the heat off. So, when my roommate would go to class, I would turn the heat on as much as possible and close the windows. Shouldn’t be a problem, right? That’s where I was wrong. 

My buddy comes in, and within maybe five minutes starts complaining about the heat. Meanwhile I was bundled up under a few blankets and a hoodie. We would fight about the temperature in the room more often than we wouldn’t. It was pretty funny.

Above all else, my favorite way to bother my roommate was to take little things and make him think he lost them. Nothing important, nothing expensive, just things that he had on his person and now they disappeared. 

He would get up from his desk, I would take a pencil. He would get up from the couch, I would take the TV remote. It’s all about the little things. 

Everyone always talks about how to get your roommate to like you, but that isn’t very much fun. Sometimes someone has to tell you the best ways to bother your roommate. That’s much more fun. 

Share and discuss “How to annoy your roommate” on social media.