Michigan State names new vice president of University Advancement

<p>Vice President for University Advancement Marti Heil. Photo courtesy of Michigan State University.</p>

Vice President for University Advancement Marti Heil. Photo courtesy of Michigan State University.

Marti Heil will return to MSU as the new vice president for University Advancement on Oct. 3, according to a university press release. She graduated from MSU in 1976 with a bachelor's in advertising.

The Board of Trustees will mostly likely approve her appointment at the Oct. 26 meeting, the release said.

Heil previously worked at MSU for 30 years, in advancement and development at MSU and served as chief fundraising professional and interim vice president of development. She left MSU in 2009.

Heil will oversee development efforts and the MSU Alumni Association, including the chapters. She will replace current vice president Bob Groves.

"We are very fortunate to have Marti back with us in the Spartan family,” Executive Vice President for Government and External Relations Kathy Wilbur said in the press release. “She has had a successful career at MSU and other universities, with a proven track record of successfully launching and completing university capital campaigns. 

"Further, she has maintained many contacts at the university among donors, alumni, faculty, staff, administrators and the fundraising community. The fact that she is willing to take on the role of VP for University Advancement when we need her speaks volumes about her commitment to our great university.”

Heil also worked as senior vice president for development at Indiana University Foundation and vice president for development and alumni relations at Virginia Commonwealth University. 

“I’m ecstatic to be returning to Michigan State,” Heil said in the press release. “The university is completing a very successful capital campaign, Empower Extraordinary, which is fantastic. But there is more work to be done and I’m ready to roll up my sleeves and jump right in. I’m excited to be working again with MSU alumni, donors and staff."

Share and discuss “Michigan State names new vice president of University Advancement ” on social media.