Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist to speak at Wharton Center

The front of the Wharton Center is pictured on June 13, 2018.
The front of the Wharton Center is pictured on June 13, 2018. —
Photo by Matt Schmucker | The State News

Ron Suskind, a bestselling author and a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, will be coming to MSU to speak at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 15.

The lecture will be taking place at the Wharton Center in the Cobb Great Hall as part of their lecture series titled "World View Lecture Series," according to a press release.

Suskind has been published in The New York Times and Esquire and also has written six books. 

Suskind’s book "Life, Animated" is a true story based on his child, Owen, who has autism. The story was made into a 2016 Oscar-nominated documentary with the same name. 

Owen had lost his ability to speak at the age of three. However, his family learned to “speak Disney,” the press release said. This helped his parents and medical experts understand children with similar autistic abilities. 

"In this deeply personal but universally resonant presentation, Suskind shares Owen's journey from quiet solitude to animated communication," the Wharton Center press release said. "Their motto--your passion is your pathway--now guides educators, therapists, and parents in tapping the deep potential in all of us."

Tickets to the lecture will be on sale at the official Wharton Center website, the Auto-Owners Insurance Ticket Office or over the phone at 1-800-WHARTON.

MSU students, faculty and staff can attend the lecture for free. 

Share and discuss “Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist to speak at Wharton Center” on social media.