Champions Classic and ACC/Big Ten Challenge dates, times announced

Sophomore guard Cassius Winston (5) claps during the first half of the 2018 Big Ten Men's Basketball semifinal game against Michigan on March 3, 2018 at Madison Square Garden in New York. The Spartans were defeated by the Wolverines, 75-64. (Nic Antaya | The State News)
Sophomore guard Cassius Winston (5) claps during the first half of the 2018 Big Ten Men's Basketball semifinal game against Michigan on March 3, 2018 at Madison Square Garden in New York. The Spartans were defeated by the Wolverines, 75-64. (Nic Antaya | The State News) —

ESPN announced Thursday the tipoff times for two notable early-season events that Michigan State men's basketball will take part in.

The Spartans will open the season at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, facing the Kansas Jayhawks in the first game of the Champions Classic at 7 p.m. on Nov. 6, on ESPN. 

The Spartans, who lost NBA lottery picks Jaren Jackson Jr. and Miles Bridges from last season's squad, return impact juniors Cassius Winston, Joshua Langford and Nick Ward. The Jayhawks, fresh off a Final Four appearance, add top-10 recruit Quentin Grimes to a roster that features juniors Lagerald Vick and Udoka Azubuike. 

The Spartans will also travel to the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville to face off against the Louisville Cardinals at 7:30 p.m. on Nov. 27 on ESPN, as part of the Big Ten-ACC Challenge. The Cardinals are entering their first season under Head Coach Chris Mack, and feature redshirt junior guard Ryan McMahon and junior forward V.J. King. 

Share and discuss “Champions Classic and ACC/Big Ten Challenge dates, times announced ” on social media.