Voter registration deadline for the Michigan primary election is approaching

Photo by Jon Famurewa | The State News

The deadline to register to vote in the August primary election is Monday, July 9. 

In order to register, interested parties must submit a State of Michigan Voter Registration Application either in person or by mail to their local City Clerk's office. 

Those interested in voting must be 18 years old by the primary election day, Aug. 7. 

First time voters in Michigan must submit their registration applications in person unless they meet both a state and federal requirement listed on the application.

Those interested also have the option to register in person at any Secretary of State branch.

Once a person has registered, they will then be mailed their Michigan voter card which will provide instruction as to where to cast a ballot at the polls in August.

If a person is interested in voting on an absentee ballot, they must submit a Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application.

The application must be received by the city or township clerk's office by 2 p.m. the Saturday before the primary takes place. 

Here are a few locations for registration

Ingham County Clerk's office

PO Box 179, Mason 48854

Lansing City Clerk's office

124 W Michigan Ave, Lansing 48933

East Lansing City Clerk's office

Address:  410 Abbot Rd East Lansing, MI 48823 

Share and discuss “Voter registration deadline for the Michigan primary election is approaching” on social media.