Seventh MSU employee with links to Nassar under investigation by LARA

<p>One of MSU's landmarks, the Beaumont Tower, is pictured.</p>

One of MSU's landmarks, the Beaumont Tower, is pictured.

Photo by Nic Antaya | The State News

A seventh MSU employee, Dr. Jeffrey Kovan, is under investigation by the state's licensing agency, the Lansing State Journal reports.

After it was announced last week that six past and current MSU employees were under investigation by Michigan's Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, the Lansing State Journal reports that Kovan, the doctor Amanda Thomashow first reported her concerns about Nassar to in 2014, is added onto the list. 

Amanda Thomashow, survivor of Nassar's sexual abuse, reported her concerns about Nassar to Kovan in 2014, which resulted in Kovan referring the situation to MSU's Title IX Office. 

List of former and current MSU medical professionals under investigation by the state:

• William Strampel, former dean of MSU's College of Osteopathic Medicine and boss of Nassar.
  • Destiny Teachnor-Hauk, doctor who is no longer employed by the university. She was used as a medical expert during MSU's 2014 Title IX investigation into Nassar. 
  • Brooke Lemmen, doctor no longer employed by the university. She was used as a medical expert during MSU's 2014 Title IX investigation into Nassar.
  • Lianna Hadden, sports trainer. Two survivors of Nassar's abuse have said they told Hadden about their concerns regarding Nassar more than a decade ago.
  • Douglas Dietzel, head of MSU's SportsMEDICINE clinic, where Nassar worked and served as a team doctor for the women's gymnastics and crew teams.
  • Gary Stollak, former university clinical psychologist. He was told about Nassar's sexual abuse in 2004. 
  • Jeffrey Kovan, team doctor for MSU's basketball, soccer, track and softball teams. Was told by Amanda Thomashow in 2014 about concerns regarding Nassar. 

Kovan was one of the eight university employees interviewed by law enforcement in 2017 after the 2014 Title IX investigation and potential criminal conduct among employees other than Nassar. 

He told MSU Police and the FBI he wasn't aware of any protocols put in place after the Title IX investigation cleared Nassar of any policy violations.

Share and discuss “Seventh MSU employee with links to Nassar under investigation by LARA” on social media.