Spartans add five new football commits to their 2019 class

<p>Quarterback Brian Lewerke (14) walks onto the field before the game against Ohio State, on Nov. 11, 2017, at Ohio Stadium. The Spartans were defeated by the Buckeyes, 48-3.</p>

Quarterback Brian Lewerke (14) walks onto the field before the game against Ohio State, on Nov. 11, 2017, at Ohio Stadium. The Spartans were defeated by the Buckeyes, 48-3.

Photo by Jon Famurewa | The State News

It's been a busy few days for MSU head coach Mark Dantonio on the recruiting front, as the Spartans have picked up five new recruits for the class of 2019 in the past two days.

Athlete Alante Brown and running back Brandon Wright committed to the Spartans on June 28. Running back Anthony Williams Jr., wide receiver Tre Mosley and defensive end Michael Fletcher committed on June 29. 

These commitments come on the heels of Devontae Dobbs announcing his intentions to join the Spartans on June 25. 

All five of these new recruits are listed as three-star prospects, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings.

Of the five new commits, Fletcher is the highest rated recruit, with offers from schools like Alabama, Georgia and Michigan. He is rated the No. 11 prospect in the state of Michigan.

The Spartans now have 16 players committed to their 2019 class and have the third best recruiting class in the Big Ten, trailing only the Wolverines and the Ohio State, according to the 247Sports Composite

Share and discuss “Spartans add five new football commits to their 2019 class” on social media.