Devontae Dobbs, five-star offensive tackle, commits to MSU

<p>An MSU football helmet pictured on the field following the game against Western Michigan University on Sep. 9, 2017 at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Broncos 28-14.</p>

An MSU football helmet pictured on the field following the game against Western Michigan University on Sep. 9, 2017 at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Broncos 28-14.

Photo by Anntaninna Biondo | The State News

Devontae Dobbs became the 11th person to commit to head coach of MSU football Mark Dantonio's 2019 recruiting class. 

Dobbs, rated as a five-star recruit, announced his intentions to join the Spartans on June 25. He is ranked as the third-best offensive tackle prospect in the country and the second-best prospect in the state of Michigan for the class of 2019, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings. 

Dobbs is the fourth offensive lineman to commit to the class and the third player from Belleville High School to commit to the Spartans in the last two years. He joins fellow 2019 cornerback and wide receiver commit Julian Barnett as well as cornerback Davion Williams, who will be a true freshman in the fall.  

With his commitment, Dobbs becomes the highest-rated recruit in MSU's 2019 class. He also becomes the highest-rated recruit to ever commit to MSU under Dantonio, according to the 247Sports Composite

Share and discuss “Devontae Dobbs, five-star offensive tackle, commits to MSU” on social media.