This week in MSU Athletics

The Spartans gather at McLane Baseball Stadium on April 13, 2018. The Spartans fell to the Crusaders, 7-6. (Annie Barker | State News)
The Spartans gather at McLane Baseball Stadium on April 13, 2018. The Spartans fell to the Crusaders, 7-6. (Annie Barker | State News) —
Photo by Annie Barker | The State News

With the academic year coming to an end for Spartan nation, MSU athletics will continue. Here are this week's events:

Baseball looks to continue its winning streak

After a successful weekend at Northwestern, the Spartans will look to continue its winning streak as they take on Eastern Michigan at Comerica Park Tuesday with first pitch set at 6:35 p.m.

The Spartans will then return home for the next four games against Toledo on Wednesday and then conclude it with a three-game weekend series against Maryland.

MSU is currently 14-21 on the regular season and 6-5 in the Big Ten after a successful weekend series sweep over Northwestern. The Spartans are currently on a four-game winning streak, the team's longest of the season thus far.

Softball begins six-game home stand

The softball team had a disappointing past week after being swept by Big Ten opponent Ohio State University in its three-game weekend series.

The Spartans return home to a six-game home stand beginning with Eastern Michigan on Tuesday with first pitch set at 4 p.m., followed by Central Michigan on Wednesday and then a three-game weekend series against Rutgers.

MSU is currently 16-24 on the regular season and 4-11 in the Big Ten with only nine games left to go before the start of the Big Ten Tournament on May 10.

Men's and women's tennis begin Big Ten Championship run

Both the men's and women's tennis team will start their title run in the Big Ten Championship  Thursday to Sunday. The men's team will head to Iowa City to face Indiana, while the women's team will head to Minneapolis.

The men's team concluded the regular season with an 8-18 overall record and a disappointing 1-10 Big Ten record.

The women's team finished the regular season at 15-8 overall and 6-5 in the Big Ten.

Men's golf head to Baltimore, Maryland for Big Ten Championships

The men's golf team will travel to Baltimore, Maryland to play in the Big Ten Championship beginning on April 27.

The Spartans took home seventh place at the Robert Kepler Intercollegiate in Columbus, Ohio where the team shot 24-over-par 876.

Women's rowing takes on Eastern Michigan

After a weekend in the ACC/Big Ten challenge against Duke and Notre Dame, the team will return home to face Eastern Michigan Friday. 

Track and Field will compete in the "GINA" Relays this weekend

Redshirt senior Tim Ehrhardt set a new MSU record in the Decathlon this past weekend with a personal best of 8,044 points in the Jesse Owens Classic.

Beginning April 27, the Spartans will compete in the "GINA" relays at Hillsdale College.

Share and discuss “This week in MSU Athletics” on social media.