Flood warning advised for Red Cedar River, E.L. area

A flood warning for the Lansing area has been issued by the National Weather Service. 

According to a report and spokesperson from the National Weather Service, flooding from the Red Cedar River is expected to begin on Wednesday and peak at noon on Friday. The Red Cedar River is expected to peak at 9.5 feet. According to a spokesperson from the National Weather Service this is 2.5 feet above the starting flood stage level.

The report sent out from the National Weather Service states this flood should compared to the 8.4 crest that flooded the area around the Red Cedar River on April 8, 2017.

Not only is the river expected to have a higher crest of at least a foot but flooding is also expected from rivers in the greater Lansing and Williamston areas, according to a spokesperson. 

The National Weather Service says it is important to keep aware of your surroundings during the impending flood. A spokesperson from the National Weather Service warned drivers to be cautious of the roads and to turn around if they see a road covered in water. 

Share and discuss “Flood warning advised for Red Cedar River, E.L. area” on social media.