PREVIEW: Men's basketball looks to continue win streak against PSU

Sophomore guard Cassius Winston (5) goes for a lay up and is blocked by Wisconsin guard Khalil Iverson (21) during the second half of the men's basketball game against Wisconsin on Jan. 26, 2018 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Badgers, 76-61. (Nic Antaya | The State News)
Sophomore guard Cassius Winston (5) goes for a lay up and is blocked by Wisconsin guard Khalil Iverson (21) during the second half of the men's basketball game against Wisconsin on Jan. 26, 2018 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Badgers, 76-61. (Nic Antaya | The State News) —

When: Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.

Where: Breslin Center

TV / Radio: BTN / 94.9 WMMQ-FM (Lansing)

Line: MSU -12.5

In the midst of all the controversies surrounding MSU head basketball coach Tom Izzo, there is still basketball to be played.

Amid an investigative report that alleges Izzo mishandled multiple claims that different MSU players participated in sexual assault and violence against women in 2010, the No. 5 Spartans (20-3, 8-2 Big Ten) host Penn State (15-8, 5-5) looking for their fifth-straight win.

MSU came back from a 13-point halftime deficit to earn a 74-68 win on Sunday against Maryland at the Xfinity Center. Sophomore guard Joshua Langford led all scorers with 19 points and helped the Spartans shoot 53 percent from the floor in the second half.

The Nittany Lions, however, have won two straight, including an 82-79 upset at then-No. 13 Ohio State on Jan. 25 and Rutgers on Jan. 27.

Penn State has five players averaging double figures, led by guard Tony Carr, who is second in the Big Ten with 19.2 points per game. As a team, the Nittany Lions average 76.3 points with a +9.6 scoring margin, shoot 47.0 percent from the floor and hold opponents to 41.5 percent shooting.

MSU, led by sophomore wing Miles Bridges—who leads the team with an average of 17.6 points—holds opponent to a nation-best 35.6 percent shooting from the floor while shooting 51.7 percent in the floor, the No. 3 rate in the country. The Spartans average 84.4 points with a +20.2 scoring margin.

The Spartans own the all-time series, 37-8. MSU has won 21 of its last 26 games in the series, including eight of the last nine. Izzo is 30-7 against Penn State. 

Predictions:

Casey Harrison: MSU 82, PSU 68

Michael Duke: MSU 73, PSU 55

Share and discuss “PREVIEW: Men's basketball looks to continue win streak against PSU” on social media.