E.L. 'master plan' introduced, 4 open houses scheduled

The city of East Lansing is looking toward the future with the master plan. 

Also known as the Bigger Picture Plan, the master plan intends to reflect the progress from the 2006 plan of the same name. The Michigan Planning Enabling Act, which was ratified in 2008, two years after the Bigger Picture Plan, allows the East Lansing government "to provide for the regulation and subdivision of land” and projects future use up to 20 years in the future, according to the City of East Lansing's website. 

The master plan will be available to the public in the form of four open house meetings that takes place throughout February, according to a press release.

Each open house operates between 4:30-7 p.m. and will take place on Feb. 5 in MacDonald Middle School Cafeteria, on Feb. 7 at the Pinecrest Elementary School Library, on Feb. 12 at the Islamic Center of East Lansing and on Feb. 26 at the East Lansing Hannah Community Center. 

This year's master plan includes regulations on housing, transportation, economic sustainability and community education.

The open houses allow East Lansing residents the opportunity to provide feedback and suggestions to the master plan. Each of the open houses will review the same information and are available for drop-ins at any time.

Share and discuss “E.L. 'master plan' introduced, 4 open houses scheduled” on social media.