Football head coach Mark Dantonio denies ESPN’s ‘Outside The Lines’ report released Friday afternoon just before the men's basketball game against Wisconsin.
"That's absolutely false," Dantonio said in the press conference. "I'm here for Spartan nation, here for our football program and for my family."
Dantonio said he learned of all the sexual cases in the 'OTL' report from the authorites.
Dantonio said any accusations or complaints towards his individual involvement in his sexual assault cases are "completely false."
"Every incident reported in that article was documented by either police or the Michigan State Title IX office," Dantonio said. "I've always worked with the proper authorities with dealing with the cases of sexual assault. We've always had higher standards in this program and that will never change."
Dantonio said his program has faced issues like sexual assault "head on."
"We find out about the problems, and it's come from the police or the university authorities," Dantonio said. "I can assure you, as in last year's incident, I also immediately reported them to the proper authorities.
"I feel completely stedfast in what I said today."
Dantonio ended his 11th season at the helm of MSU's football program, with a 100-45 career record.
Stay with The State News for updates. We will update this as the story develops.
Share and discuss “Mark Dantonio denies 'Outside The Lines' report” on social media.