Saturday, January 22, 2022

Twistars Gymnastics founder transfers management to wife

Jordyn Wieber of the United States received a hug from her coach, John Geddert, left, in the women's floor exercises apparatus finals at North Greenwich Arena during the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London, England, Tuesday, August 7, 2012. Wieber finished seventh in the competition. Photo courtesy David Eulitt/Kansas City Star/MCT
Jordyn Wieber of the United States received a hug from her coach, John Geddert, left, in the women's floor exercises apparatus finals at North Greenwich Arena during the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London, England, Tuesday, August 7, 2012. Wieber finished seventh in the competition. Photo courtesy David Eulitt/Kansas City Star/MCT —

John Geddert, gymnastics coach and founder of Twistars Gymnastics, has transferred all of his business management to his wife, Kathryn Geddert.

The Twistars website lists Kathryn Geddert as the sole owner of Twistars Gymnastics. There is no reference to John Geddert, who had been listed as the president of Twistars for 10 years prior to this transfer.

Geddert was friends with and worked alongside ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar. Nassar volunteered to treat patients at Twistars, where a lot of his abuse happened.

John Geddert has been blamed for enabling Nassar’s years of sexual abuse, and was suspended from USA Gymnastics.

Lindsey Lemke, survivor of Nassar’s abuse, claimed Geddert was abusive and wrote via Twitter that he threatened her after she spoke out against him during Nassar’s sentencing hearing.  

Days after his suspension, Geddert wrote an email to the gymnasts and their families at Twistar, revealing he plans on retiring, according to a message obtained by the Lansing State Journal. 

Do you want the news without having to hunt for it? Sign up for our morning s'newsletter. It's everything your friends are talking about and then some. And it's free!

Share and discuss “Twistars Gymnastics founder transfers management to wife” on social media.