Twistars Gymnastics Club founder suspended by USA Gymnastics

Jordyn Wieber of the United States received a hug from her coach, John Geddert, left, in the women's floor exercises apparatus finals at North Greenwich Arena during the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London, England, Tuesday, August 7, 2012. Wieber finished seventh in the competition. Photo courtesy David Eulitt/Kansas City Star/MCT
Jordyn Wieber of the United States received a hug from her coach, John Geddert, left, in the women's floor exercises apparatus finals at North Greenwich Arena during the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London, England, Tuesday, August 7, 2012. Wieber finished seventh in the competition. Photo courtesy David Eulitt/Kansas City Star/MCT —

USA Gymnastics suspended John Geddert, American gymnastics coach and founder of Twistars Gymnastics Club, according to an ESPN report.

The suspension lasts until an investigation is completed, according to the article.

Geddert is named in four lawsuits related to ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar. Nassar has pleaded guilty to 10 charges of first-degree criminal sexual conduct in Ingham and Eaton counties. Nassar sexually abused more than 180 women and girls.

Geddert's gym, Twistars, is named in eight lawsuits. Multiple women and girls have said they were abused at that location while training at the gym.

News of his suspension broke Monday, the same day three USA Gymnastics board members resigned, including the chairman of the board, the vice chairman of the board and the treasurer.

Share and discuss “Twistars Gymnastics Club founder suspended by USA Gymnastics” on social media.