MSU strength and conditioning coach charged with reckless driving causing death

A student bikes past Breslin Center on Oct. 16, 2017. Breslin Center was recently renovated.
A student bikes past Breslin Center on Oct. 16, 2017. Breslin Center was recently renovated. —
Photo by Anntaninna Biondo | The State News

Earlier today, the Monroe County Prosecutor's Office charged MSU basketball's strength and conditioning coach Todd Moyer of texting and driving during a crash on U.S. 23 over the summer, causing a fatality, according to LSJ.

Moyer was charged Monday with one count of reckless driving that caused death, which is a felony punishable up to 15 years.

As part of his bail, officials asked the judge to restrict his driving privileges and ultimately suspended his license, according to online records.

Moyer was driving southbound on U.S. 23 in Summerfield Township on July 14, when a chain-reaction crash occurred and killed two people. 

Monroe County Sheriff's Office said in a news release after the crash that Moyer was distracted while driving, but what was distracting him was unknown during the preliminary investigation.

Moyer has been with MSU for three years after working for the Tennessee men's basketball program.

Moyer's next court date is set for 11:30 p.m. on Nov. 22, according to online records.

Share and discuss “MSU strength and conditioning coach charged with reckless driving causing death” on social media.