Monday, May 6, 2024

Video: Interviews with the East Lansing City Council candidates

<p>From left to right, East Lansing City Council candidates Aaron Stephens, Ruth Beier, and Susan Woods listen to the moderators' question during the debate on Sep. 21, in the Tower Room in the Union. The debate was hosted by ASMSU.</p>

From left to right, East Lansing City Council candidates Aaron Stephens, Ruth Beier, and Susan Woods listen to the moderators' question during the debate on Sep. 21, in the Tower Room in the Union. The debate was hosted by ASMSU.

The State News sat down with the three East Lansing City Council candidates prior to the Tuesday, Nov. 7 election. The candidates are vying for two open seats. 

Ruth Beier

Beier is an incumbent running for a second term, who was first elected in 2013. Beier serves as Mayor Pro Tem on the current council.

Aaron Stephens

Stephens, an MSU senior studying political science, is running for the first time. He worked on the Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton presidential campaigns. 

Susan Woods

Woods is the other incumbent running for a second term. She was first elected in 2013 and also serves as the East Lansing Film Festival director.

Share and discuss “Video: Interviews with the East Lansing City Council candidates” on social media.