MSU Madness to kick off highly anticipated basketball season

Head Coach Tom Izzo performs Oct. 24, 2014, during Midnight Madness at Breslin Center. Head Coach Suzy Merchant performed as Beyonce and Izzo performed as a member of KISS.
Head Coach Tom Izzo performs Oct. 24, 2014, during Midnight Madness at Breslin Center. Head Coach Suzy Merchant performed as Beyonce and Izzo performed as a member of KISS. —

The start of basketball season is upon us, and the men’s and women’s basketball teams are ready to welcome you into the newly renovated Breslin as the hosts for the annual Michigan State Madness this Friday night.

The madness kicks off at 8:30 p.m. and admission is free. The event will start off with players and coaches from both squads signing autographs on the concourse of Breslin.

After autographs, the formal event will start at 9:30 p.m. and each team will introduce themselves to Spartan nation and play team scrimmages. There will also be performances by the MSU Marching Band and drumline, MSU cheerleaders, MSU dance team and Sparty.

Recruits, both who’ve committed and those who haven’t, will also be attending the madness on Friday night. Tom Izzo’s entire class of 2018 will be attending the madness along with class of 2019 recruits Trayce Jackson-Davis and Keion Brooks, according to Land of 10.

Izzo’s class of 2018 includes power forwards Marcus Bingham Jr. and Thomas Kithier, small forwards Gabe Brown and Aaron Henry and point guard Foster Loyer. Izzo currently has no commits for the class of 2019.

The men’s basketball team is coming off a 20-15 season, losing to the Kansas Jayhawks 90-70 in the second round of March Madness. The women’s basketball team is coming off a 21-12 season, making it to the NCAA Tournament but losing 73-61 to Arizona State.

Share and discuss “MSU Madness to kick off highly anticipated basketball season” on social media.