Dantonio's press conference goes viral when reporter's phone goes off

Head Coach Mark Dantonio smiles before doing an interview after the game against Michigan on Oct. 7, 2017 at Michigan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Wolverines, 14-10.
Head Coach Mark Dantonio smiles before doing an interview after the game against Michigan on Oct. 7, 2017 at Michigan Stadium. The Spartans defeated the Wolverines, 14-10. —
Photo by Carly Geraci | The State News

A postgame presser after a triple overtime loss generally has somber vibes to it. After MSU's loss to Northwestern, it was no different.

That is, until a reporter's phone went off.

A video of head coach Mark Dantonio's press conference being interrupted by an errant phone made the rounds on social media Monday.

Originally, it was reported that Dantonio's phone went off. But not quite, it was a reporter's phone set on the podium for recording purposes. The phone actually went off twice, though the video shows only the first instance.

After the second infraction, though, Dantonio again shut the phone off, this time handing it off to an MSU official to oust it from the press conference.

Though a certain rock and company enjoyed the video.

Share and discuss “Dantonio's press conference goes viral when reporter's phone goes off” on social media.