Nassar in the News: Title IX review, one year later

MSU chooses firm for Title IX program review | The State News | Sept. 15, 2017

The law firm Husch Blackwell was chosen by MSU to perform the planned review of MSU's Title IX program. The review was announced last spring and is expected to take "several months."

The review of MSU's Title IX program follows a year of controversy surrounding issues of sexual assault at MSU, including Nassar and allegations of sexual assault against three ex-MSU football players.

After the conclusion of the review, a report will outline the assessment and recommendations.

In its review, Husch Blackwell will focus on Title IX compliance, programs for prevention and education, support services for crisis and advocacy, awareness and outreach and campus feedback.

Husch Blackwell is based in 17 locations and has historically worked with energy and natural resources, financial services, agribusiness, healthcare, education, real estate, technology, transportation and more.

It's Been A Year Since One Of Larry Nassar's Victims Took Her "Shot In The Dark" | Deadspin | Sept. 14, 2017

Deadspin profiled Rachael Denhollander, the first woman to publicly allege Nassar abused her under the guise of medical treatment.

Denhollander and "Jane Doe," who was later revealed to be Olympic medalist Jamie Dantzscher, were the first two women to speak out against Nassar. Their article with Indianapolis-based newspaper IndyStar was published about a year ago.

Both gymnasts have retold their side of the story over and over again since first speaking with IndyStar. Denhollander said the process has been "painful and degrading" to discuss those details during court hearings while Nassar is present.

In her interview with Deadspin, she discussed the issue of ignoring red flags, the transition from patient to victim and her reaction to hearing other alleged victims' stories.

Share and discuss “Nassar in the News: Title IX review, one year later ” on social media.