Former MSU football players to face pre-exam conference Friday

<p>Ex-MSU football player Donnie Corley, left, appears before 54-B District Court Judge Richard Ball during his arraignment on June 7, 2017 at 54-B District Court in East Lansing.&nbsp;</p>

Ex-MSU football player Donnie Corley, left, appears before 54-B District Court Judge Richard Ball during his arraignment on June 7, 2017 at 54-B District Court in East Lansing. 

Photo by Jon Famurewa | The State News

Former MSU football players Donnie Corley, Demetric Vance and Josh King face a pre-exam conference Sept. 15 at 8:30 a.m. before heading to a scheduled preliminary exam on Sept. 21.

Under Michigan Law (MCL Sec. 766 Sec.4)  the following could happen at a pre-exam conference:

• “Discussions as to a possible plea agreement among the prosecuting attorney, the defendant, and the attorney for the defendant.”
  • “Discussions regarding bail and the opportunity for the defendant to petition the magistrate for a bond modification.”
  • “Discussions regarding stipulations and procedural aspects of the case.
  • “Discussions regarding any other matters relevant to the case as agreed upon by both parties.”

The three were accused of allegedly raping a woman on Jan. 16 at a party in University Village. All three have been arraigned and charged with crimes stemming from the alleged incident

Corley and Vance both face one count of third degree criminal sexual conduct. King has been charged with one count of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, one count of third-degree criminal sexual conduct and one count of capturing/distributing an image of an unclothed person. 

Share and discuss “Former MSU football players to face pre-exam conference Friday” on social media.