Vegas puts Spartans as 17-point favorites over Bowling Green

<p>Players line up to perform a defensive drill during the football practice on July 31, 2017, at the practice fields behind the Duffy Daugherty Football Building.</p>

Players line up to perform a defensive drill during the football practice on July 31, 2017, at the practice fields behind the Duffy Daugherty Football Building.

MSU football shouldn’t have any issue defeating Bowling Green in the Spartans’ season opener on Saturday, according to Bovada.

The Spartans opened up as a 19 and a half point favorite over the Falcons, but the sportsbook slimmed MSU’s odds to win to 17 on Sunday night, with the over-under currently set at 56 points.

MSU went 4-8 against the spread in 2016, including a 3-4 home record against the spread, while the Falcons, who finished with a 4-8 record last season, logged a 4-8 record against the spread in 2016.

The Falcons won their last three games last season en route to finishing third in the Mid-American Conference East Division with a 3-5 conference record, and the Spartans won just one conference game, finishing sixth in the Big Ten East. 

Kickoff is set for Saturday’s season opener is set for noon. 

Share and discuss “Vegas puts Spartans as 17-point favorites over Bowling Green” on social media.