Michigan First Lady names Spartans to Campus Sexual Assault Workgroup

Michigan First Lady Sue Snyder chose two Spartans to serve on her statewide Campus Sexual Assault Workgroup. The workgroup is a part of Snyder's initiative to end campus sexual assault.

According to a press release from the Office of Governor Rick Snyder, Tana Fedewa and Andrea Munford are among 15 members chosen for the workgroup.

Fedewa is the program coordinator for MSU's sexual assault program through the Counseling Center. She is a trauma therapist and supervises therapists and advocacy coordinators within the program. Fedewa received a master's degree in clinical social work from MSU.

"She will represent the victim advocate community," according to the release.

Detective Sgt. Munford works with MSU police in the special victims unit. A 20-year veteran of MSU police, Munford focuses on focuses on cases related to sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, missing persons, bias crimes, child abuse and vulnerable adult abuse. Munford received a bachelor's degree in criminal justice from MSU.

"She will represent the law enforcement community," according to the release.

Snyder first announced her plan to form a campus sexual assault workgroup in May. The workgroup will be comprised of "campus leaders, sexual assault service providers and community and state partners."

On Sept. 25, Eastern Michigan University will hold the "Inform. Empower. Prevent. Let's End Campus Sexual Assault" summit to discuss ways to educate students, empower those affected and prevent campus sexual assault.

Share and discuss “Michigan First Lady names Spartans to Campus Sexual Assault Workgroup” on social media.