MSU football experiences slight schedule changes for years ahead

Head coach Mark Dantonio speaks during a press conference after the Green and White Spring Game on April 1, 2017 at Spartan Stadium. The White team defeated the Green team, 33-23.
Head coach Mark Dantonio speaks during a press conference after the Green and White Spring Game on April 1, 2017 at Spartan Stadium. The White team defeated the Green team, 33-23. —
Photo by Nic Antaya | and Nic Antaya The State News

MSU football will kick off its 2019 season on Aug. 31, when the Spartans host the University of Tulsa, FBSchedules.com reported Wednesday.

With the Spartans' addition of the Golden Hurricanes, their 2019 schedule is now tentatively complete.

According to FBSchedules.com, the Golden Hurricanes will receive a $1.2 million guarantee for their participation in the game in what will be the first-ever meeting between the two schools.

The Spartans are also slated to face Western Michigan University and Arizona State University at home in 2019.

In conference play, MSU will host Indiana, Penn State, Illinois and Maryland and will go on the road to play Northwestern, Ohio State, Wisconsin, University of Michigan and Rutgers.

The addition of Tulsa in 2019 marks the second scheduling adjustment within the last week, as the Spartans' 2017 matchup against Northwestern was moved back from Oct. 27 to Oct. 28. 

Share and discuss “MSU football experiences slight schedule changes for years ahead” on social media.