New charges against Nassar in the last week

<p>Larry Nassar</p>

Larry Nassar

In the past week, new charges have been brought against former MSU employee Larry Nassar, and new plaintiffs might to be added to the lawsuit against him.

Between Feb. 6 and Feb. 10, five motions were filed in Grand Rapids with the aim of adding eight additional plaintiffs to Denhollander et al vs. Michigan State University et al. If all current motions are granted, the lawsuit will have 41 plaintiffs.

All but one of the new potential plaintiffs were minors at the time they were allegedly sexually abused by Nassar.

Multiple plaintiffs reported quitting gymnastics because of their interactions with Nassar.

A motion filed on Friday alleges that a plaintiff identified as Jane H.H. Doe was sexually abused by Nassar “on approximately 40 occasions” while she was a high school cheerleader.

A superseding indictment was filed on Feb. 7 in a separate lawsuit in which Nassar is charged with destroying digital images and documents related to an investigation into his alleged sexual abuse of patients and possession of child pornography.

Nassar allegedly had a third-party vendor delete the contents of a hard drive on a laptop computer and attempted to throw away multiple external hard drives, according to the indictment.

Nassar is also charged with knowingly receiving and possessing child pornography, including images of a minor younger than 12 years old.

Share and discuss “New charges against Nassar in the last week” on social media.