Motion to be granted to add current MSU athlete to Nassar lawsuit

Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette speaks to press regarding the arrest and investigation of ex-MSU faculty member Larry Nassar on Nov. 22, 2016 in G. Mennen Williams Building at 525 W. Ottawa St. in Lansing.
Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette speaks to press regarding the arrest and investigation of ex-MSU faculty member Larry Nassar on Nov. 22, 2016 in G. Mennen Williams Building at 525 W. Ottawa St. in Lansing. —
Photo by Derek VanHorn | and Derek VanHorn The State News

Correction 3:14 p.m.: This story previously reported a motion to add a current MSU athlete as a plaintiff in former MSU employee Larry Nassar's federal court case has been granted. 

Attorney Jamie White said the motion filed on Friday to add a current MSU student-athlete as a plaintiff has not yet been granted.

"There is no objection from the other plaintiffs' attorneys, but we still need to get approval from the court," White said. "We anticipate that it will be granted." 

The motion, filed Friday, alleges that MSU student-athletes were told not to speak to the police or the media about their experiences with Nassar.

Nassar, MSU and the MSU Board of Trustees are all defendants in the lawsuit.

Stay with The State News for updates on the motion granted. 

Share and discuss “Motion to be granted to add current MSU athlete to Nassar lawsuit” on social media.