Nassar's license to practice suspended by LARA

Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette speaks to press regarding the arrest and investigation of ex-MSU faculty member Larry Nassar on Nov. 22, 2016 in G. Mennen Williams Building at 525 W. Ottawa St. in Lansing.
Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette speaks to press regarding the arrest and investigation of ex-MSU faculty member Larry Nassar on Nov. 22, 2016 in G. Mennen Williams Building at 525 W. Ottawa St. in Lansing. —
Photo by Derek VanHorn | and Derek VanHorn The State News

Update 3:19 p.m.: Nassar's pharmacy licenses have been suspended along with his osteopathic physician license, LARA communications representative Michael Loepp said via email. 

"Both of his licenses have been summarily suspended," Loepp said in an email.

The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, LARA, has suspended former MSU employee Larry Nassar’s osteopathic physician license, according to a Jan. 25 statement.

The suspension is an “emergency action” taken to protect the public, as outlined in the Michigan Public Health Code, and is not the direct result of one of the three complaints filed against Nassar with LARA. The suspension order was served because of allegations “that Nassar sexually abused a minor,” according to the LARA statement.

It is not clear if Nassar’s two pharmacy licenses have also been suspended. Representatives from LARA could not be immediately reached for comment. 

For more on Nassar, stay with The State News. 

Share and discuss “Nassar's license to practice suspended by LARA ” on social media.