ASMSU president reaches out to students following election

The president of the Associated Students of Michigan State University, or ASMSU, Lorenzo Santavicca, reached out to undergraduate students via email and Twitter in an effort to let them know that he and ASMSU leadership are available to listen and empathize with students following Election Day.

Santavicca emailed ASMSU general assembly members, staff members and class councils and then tweeted the email and a flyer for "The Day After" event, an event for students to reflect on the presidential election, that was held Wednesday night.

"A lot of emotions are running high in the student body right now, but I want our people that work with us on a daily basis to know that they're welcome to speak with anyone on leadership or within the association right now, that we're here for them," Santavicca said.  "Like always, my office hours are always open to any student on campus that would like to come."

Santavicca is making himself available to connect with undergraduate students. He also said he wants ASMSU to extend a hand to students who are feeling lost or that they're not being heard.

"Our student body is very divided right now and this is something that we've been seeing throughout the whole semester," Santavicca said. "You know, I took the time to write that because I think some people need to know that there is someone or something or, you know, your student government that you can turn to."

Santavicca said ASMSU is always open to conversation around issues of diversity and inclusion at all levels. He also said ASMSU needs to be able to levy student voice on all levels.

"As we continue to progress through this really interesting moment in time, we want to make sure students know that they have that outlet, they have the representatives, they have an organization that they can rely on and trust," Santavicca said.

Share and discuss “ASMSU president reaches out to students following election” on social media.