Sunday, May 12, 2024

Local bar deals for Halloween

<p>East Lansing resident Bret Self drinks Bell's Oberon on March 26, 2014, at Beggar's Banquet, 218 Abbott road, during the Oberon Release Party. The summer beer made its return to bars and stores on March 24 and many bars held special midnight tappings to celebrate. Danyelle Morrow/The State News</p>

East Lansing resident Bret Self drinks Bell's Oberon on March 26, 2014, at Beggar's Banquet, 218 Abbott road, during the Oberon Release Party. The summer beer made its return to bars and stores on March 24 and many bars held special midnight tappings to celebrate. Danyelle Morrow/The State News

The State News talked to some of the bars on and off Grand River Avenue to find some of the best deals and specials available this Halloween.

Beggar's Banquet

On Mondays, Beggar’s Banquet serves $3 Well mules, 25 percent off the South of the Border Menu and a $4 Spartan mule that consists of Tito’s Handmade Vodka and house-made ginger syrup, according to its website.

Black Cat Bistro

General manager Josh Martinez said the happy hours on Monday will be from 3-6 p.m. and 9 p.m. until the bar closes, which will depend on how the night goes. Most menu cocktails and appetizers will be half off, drafts will be $4 and mules will be $6. Martinez also said a shot called "Brain Matter," containing Baileys Irish Cream, peach Schnapps and other ingredients, will be served for $7. 

Dublin Square Irish Pub and Restaurant

Manager Tim Kole said Dublin will not charge cover on Halloween. Black Magic DJ will perform and the back bar will be open. Kole also said double alcoholic beverages might be on special.

FieldHouse

General manager Michael Weinrich said those in the restaurant industry will receive half-off pricing. For everyone else, they can buy any specialty pizza and receive a 10-inch, one-topping pizza for $1.

Harper's Restaurant & Brewpub

The usual Harper's Monday specials include $2.25 pints, $3 long islands and a $5 burger and beer, according to its website.

HopCat

Chris Knape, BarFly Ventures vice president of marketing and communications, said HopCat will offer half-off wings after 6 p.m. They will also offer $3.50 Local 30 drafts all day.

Landshark Bar and Grill

New general manager Richard Bush said Landshark will not be open on Halloween. However, seasonal drinks will be served on Friday and there will be a costume contest, where winners will win VIP passes.

P.T. O'Malley's

Manager Matthew Post said P.T. O’Malley’s will be having their usual Monday specials. These include half off pitchers and $3.25 Blue Shots, which he said consist of blueberry vodka, blue Curacao and sour.

The Riviera Cafè

The Riv said they were all-in for Halloween in a Twitter post. They will have a special Hallo-Rama on Thursday and will have half-off food and drinks on Monday.

The Tin Can Bar

The Tin Can Bar will have its usual half-off beer list, according to its website.

Share and discuss “Local bar deals for Halloween” on social media.