Saturday, May 4, 2024

Third annual CreativeCollaboration to be held this Saturday

The Wharton Center will host the third annual CreativeCollaboration Saturday from noon to 4 p.m. 

The event will be held out on the courtyard grounds of the Wharton Center and students will have the chance to meet with many different artistic groups. The groups invited to the event range from MSU’s Art Council to the Spartan Dischords to the Roial Players and more.  

One group that will be present this year is Ladies First, an all-female a capella group. Psychology senior and public relations manager for the group Jamie Park said CreativeCollaboration is a good way to meet new people. 

“It’s really fun because we get to meet lots of people and other arts groups and organizations,” she said. “It’s fun to just mingle and see how they’re doing.” 

Park said CreativeCollaboration will be a good way for students to get involved with the artsy side of MSU's campus groups. 

“Since Sparticipation was cut off early this year, if you didn’t get to see the arts side and still want to join a club or organization, you should come and check it out,” she said. 

Graduate student Stephanie Archambeau said the point of CreativeCollaboration is to be a resource fair for students looking to get involved with the arts. 

Archambeau, who co-founded CreativeCollaboration with MSU alumnus Josh Holliday, said the inspiration for the event came from their experiences with Sparticipation. 

Archambeau said she wandered around Sparticipation looking for something artsy to join. However, because there was no special section for clubs focused on the arts, she had trouble locating them. She said she wanted to make something that would build on the arts environment at MSU. 

Even as a graduate student, Archambeau said she will still discover new groups when she goes to CreativeCollaboration. Every year there are different groups performing. 

“There’s never been a uniform CreativeCollaboration,” she said.

This year, CreativeCollaboration will include Pokemon Go during the day’s activities, according to the MSU Arts Council. There will be lures placed at the Wharton Center's five Pokestops and students who catch a Pokemon will receive a free cookie from Insomnia Cookies. 

Archambeau said students should come ready to have fun and ready to check out everything MSU has to offer in regards to the arts. 

Share and discuss “Third annual CreativeCollaboration to be held this Saturday ” on social media.