Common Ground Music Festival: what to look forward to in 2016

From left to right, Toledo, Ohio residents Connor Lake, Mitch Layman, and Bailey Crawford cheer on Dr. Dog during Common Ground Music Festival on July 12, 2014, at Adado Riverfront Park in downtown Lansing. The trio came from Ohio to come to Common Ground.
From left to right, Toledo, Ohio residents Connor Lake, Mitch Layman, and Bailey Crawford cheer on Dr. Dog during Common Ground Music Festival on July 12, 2014, at Adado Riverfront Park in downtown Lansing. The trio came from Ohio to come to Common Ground. —
Photo by Jessalyn Tamez | and Jessalyn Tamez The State News

The six-day event, lasting from July 5 through July 10, is full of great headliners each day, such as Rise Against, Tim McGraw, A$AP Rocky and Dierks Bentley. The festival will open with AWOLNATION and close with Jason Derulo.

In 2000 the festival was established by the Lansing Entertainment & Public Facilities Authority (LEPFA) along with Meridian Entertainment Group (MEG) for non-profit with proceeds going back into the mid-Michigan community.

Now the event is produced by Center Park Productions, which is proud of the event and what it brings to the Lansing community.

“The audience should expect a unique experience with different genres each night,” director Jenna Meyer said.

With a history of great performers and an intimate venue, the audience should expect nothing less. Some past performers include Blake Shelton in 2002, Miranda Lambert in 2007 and Fifth Harmony in 2013.

General admission tickets sell as low as $35 per day and $120 for a six-day pass.

With the six-day passes, the guest are given wristbands so even if they don’t want to see the country performers, they are welcome to pass it along to a friend. With a total of 65 performers throughout the week, the audience is in for a show with established and current artists.

The festival is not just limited to the concert performances and includes other activities throughout the week, such as zip lining, Hammock Hangout and the Color Run on July 9.

The festival also offers volunteer and internship opportunities that can be found on its website. There you can find frequently asked questions as well as merchandise.

Having over 39 festival partnerships, Common Ground Music Festival is well established and continues to be a major summer and music event in mid-Michigan.

Share and discuss “Common Ground Music Festival: what to look forward to in 2016” on social media.