Two Uber drivers turn themselves in for counts of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct

Two Uber drivers have been arrested and arraigned in connection to the East Lansing Police Department’s investigation into two reports of criminal sexual conduct involving ride share drivers, according to an ELPD statement released Friday.

Uber driver Hassan Ibrahim turned himself in on March 11 for one count of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct stemming from an incident that occurred in East Lansing on Feb. 14.

Ibrahim was arraigned in the 54B District Court in East Lansing and was given a $5,000 cash/surety bond.

On March 15, Uber driver Salim Salem turned himself in on two counts of criminal sexual conduct in the fourth degree stemming from an incident that occurred in East Lansing on Jan. 16.

Salem was arraigned and received a $5,000 cash/surety bond with a condition that he can not work as an Uber or taxi driver in the future.

Both men are scheduled to appear in 54B District Court on March 25 for preliminary hearings. 

Share and discuss “Two Uber drivers turn themselves in for counts of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct” on social media.