CATA suspending Spartan Service routes during spring break

<p>Economics sophomore David Nelson waits for a seat to open up on Sept. 8, 2015, on the 31 CATA bus. The bus makes stops all around the north side of campus and on Grand River Ave. Catherine Ferland/The State News</p>

Economics sophomore David Nelson waits for a seat to open up on Sept. 8, 2015, on the 31 CATA bus. The bus makes stops all around the north side of campus and on Grand River Ave. Catherine Ferland/The State News

Photo by Catherine Ferland | The State News

Capital Area Transportation Authority, or CATA, bus services are suspending Spartan Service from March 7 until March 13.

Spartan Service, which operates routes on MSU’s campus during fall and spring semesters only, will shut down for MSU’s spring break week. Routes 30-36, 39, Lot Link and Night Owl, which comprise the campus routes, will cease service beginning at 2:30 a.m. on Monday, March 7.

MSU students make up about 30 percent of the people CATA buses service, CATA director of marketing Laurie Robinson said. 

A loss of students during break however, won’t impact CATA’s revenues for the week, Robinson said, adding most students usually buy and use bus passes. 

She said CATA drivers who usually drive the campus routes will still be needed for other non-MSU routes.

Spartan Service will resume operations the morning of March 14.

For more information regarding other routes affected by MSU’s spring break, visit www.cata.org

Share and discuss “CATA suspending Spartan Service routes during spring break” on social media.