Big Ten Network to televise more than 360 baseball and softball games this season

<p>Air Force pitcher Ben Yokley dives for safety while sophomore infielder Zack McGuire attempts a catch during the baseball exhibition game against Air Force  on Sept. 19, 2015 at McLane Stadium. MSU baseball season begins in February. Jack Stephan/The State News</p>

Air Force pitcher Ben Yokley dives for safety while sophomore infielder Zack McGuire attempts a catch during the baseball exhibition game against Air Force on Sept. 19, 2015 at McLane Stadium. MSU baseball season begins in February. Jack Stephan/The State News

Photo by Jack Stephan | The State News

The Big Ten Network is set to increase televised coverage for baseball and softball games throughout the course of this season, according to a press release.

The network will offer its most extensive coverage to date on baseball and softball, with more than 360 games being televised on BTN, BTN2Go and BTN Plus for the 2016 season.

In addition to increased coverage, highlights of conference games will be featured on This Week in the Big Ten, which will begin airing on Sunday, April 3. Hosts Rick Pizzo and Mike Hall will discuss matchups around the conference and breakout performances from games that week. The Diamond Report will return to BTN during the baseball and softball tournaments.

MSU’s first appearance on BTN will come on March 25, when the baseball team takes on Rutgers. First pitch is set for 3 p.m. The MSU baseball team is initially set for four appearances on BTN with other games to be added at a future date, or be covered on BTN Plus. MSU sits at 13-1 overall this season, which currently ranks best in the Big Ten.

The MSU softball team will make their 2016 BTN debut on April 2 against Penn State, with first pitch scheduled for 3 p.m. This season the Spartans are 14-10, good enough for seventh in the conference.

To view all the preliminary listings on BTN2Go, click here.

Share and discuss “Big Ten Network to televise more than 360 baseball and softball games this season” on social media.