HopCat to throw all day party for anniversary

Free crack fries and an all day party is how HopCat in East Lansing plans to spend the eighth anniversary of the first HopCat. The brewpub, famous for its multitude of beers and fries, turns eight years old Jan. 23 and is welcoming beer lovers and people everywhere to come join in the celebration at its seven locations throughout Michigan.

All patrons attending the HopCat in East Lansing will receive a free order of HopCat’s famous crack fries with a purchase of food or beer before 5 p.m. The crack fries were named amongst the top 10 best french fries in the nation by Food Network Magazine in the July-August issue.

The original HopCat opened its doors in Grand Rapids in 2008 and has quickly spread across Michigan and the nation with locations in Ann Arbor, Detroit, Indianapolis, Lexington, Ky., Madison, Wis. and Lincoln, Neb. Since its creation HopCat in Grand Rapids has been named the No. 3 beer bar on earth by BeerAdvocate magazine and the No.1 brewpub in the country by ratebeer.com, according to the company's website. 

The big draw of the festivities is the crack fries eating contest that commences at 3 p.m. The winner of the contest will have the opportunity to compete against winners of other HopCat crack fries eating contests.

Those first place winners from the other HopCat locations will then go onto compete at the inaugural crack fries eating contest at the Michigan Summer Beer Festival. Entry into the contest costs $5 and HopCat will match the $5 with proceeds going to the Michigan Humane Society.

Representatives of HopCat could not be reached for comment on the celebration. 

The anniversary festivities will also include the return of exclusive only to HopCat beers along with many other hard to find beers. 

Share and discuss “HopCat to throw all day party for anniversary” on social media.