MSU to host annual Global Festival Sunday to showcase cultures of the world

MSU’s annual Global Festival will take place this Sunday, drawing visitors from all around the area to MSU to enjoy the diverse range of cultural backgrounds that make up MSU.

MSU student groups work for months to create exhibits and prepare performances for the event celebrating different cultures and regions of the world.

Over 30 different international student groups will perform throughout the afternoon. The performances will feature music, dance, and demonstrations. Student groups performing are from a variety of backgrounds including Chinese, Middle Eastern, and Indian student groups.

There will be a gift shop featuring a wide variety of crafts and goods. Proceeds from the gift shop’s sales go towards tuition scholarships for the spouses of international students studying at MSU according to a press release by MSU’s Community Volunteers for International Programs.

The event takes place sunday Nov. 22 at the MSU Union building from 1-6 p.m. Admission is free and the event is organized and sponsored in part by CVIP in cooperation with other MSU student groups. Check out the CVIP webpage for more information. 

Share and discuss “MSU to host annual Global Festival Sunday to showcase cultures of the world” on social media.