Saturday, May 4, 2024

NPHC hosts fall welcome events to recruit new members

The National Pan-Hellenic Council at MSU held a greek symposium to educate interested members on what the NPHC is and how to join.

All week members of the National Pan-Hellenic Council, also known as Divine Nine, have been holding events as part of their fall welcome.

Fall welcome is meant to educate students on what the NPHC is and how to join. 

On Tuesday, NHPC held a Greek symposium for students to learn more about the organizations in the council, in addition to asking questions for members of a panel.

Other events that were held earlier this week include the NPHC icebreaker toga party and a career exploration event for students.

To end their fall welcome week, a yard show will be held this Friday at the Holden Hall basketball courts. This event happens every year and will include step performances from the active organizations on campus.

Stepping is a form of dance where the performers use mostly their hands and feet as a way of forming rhythms. In addition, stepping is also a way for members to show tribute and pride to their fraternity or sorority and to the founding members.

In previous years, this event has been one of the most anticipated for both the members and students of color, but it is open for all students to attend. 

To join one of these organizations, interested students should contact an officer from the organization for more information.  

Share and discuss “NPHC hosts fall welcome events to recruit new members ” on social media.