Machinery fire in Biochemistry building extinguished
Update 10:55 a.m.: East Lansing fire Cpt. Steve Peto said the department was called to the scene of the fire at 7:21 a.m.
He confirmed it was a minor fire that involved overheated equipment that caught some nearby plastic on fire.
Peto said the fire was put out and the scene was cleared at 8:12 a.m. No sustainable damage was done to equipment.
MSU Police Sgt. Florene McGlothian-Taylor confirmed the roads have been opened and less than 10 people were evacuated from the Biochemistry building during the fire.
A fire in the Biochemistry building was reported shortly before 8 a.m. Wednesday, causing a brief road closure of Wilson Road between Farm Lane and Bogue Street, according to an MSU police tweet.
The fire has since been extinguished and no injuries or structural damage are reported. According to MSU police, the fire was started by machinery in one of the building's labs overheating.
At 8:10 am, MSU police tweeted that Wilson Road would soon reopen.