MSU football receives commitment from No. 1 wide receiver in Ohio

In what is expected to be a big day for MSU on the recruiting trail, the first couple of dominoes fell shortly before the spring game began. 

Four-star wide receiver Justin Layne out of Cleveland joins Messiah deWeaver as one of the top recruits out of Ohio. With deWeaver and Layne, the Spartans have the No. 1 receiver and quarterback out of Ohio in the class of 2016.

Layne announced his commitment via twitter saying:

"Thank You to all of the universities that presented great opportunities for me," Layne said "With God's guidance, I am officially committing to Michigan State University! I truly believe MSU is the right place for me."

According to Rivals, Layne is the No. 163 recruit overall, the No. 34 wide receiver and the No. 5 player in the state of Ohio. The rumor mill had Layne as a strong possibility to land at Ohio State, at 6'2 he will give the Spartans a reliable downfield threat. 

The Spartans also received a commitment from two-star linebacker Joe Bachie, who also announced his commitment via Twitter. Bachie is out of Berea, Ohio and with just six total recruits in the class of 2016 so far, half of them are from Ohio. 

Share and discuss “MSU football receives commitment from No. 1 wide receiver in Ohio” on social media.