Stuck in East Lansing over spring break? You have options

<p>Grand Blanc resident Ella Murray models March 15, 2014 at Wharton Center for Performing Arts for the Department of Art, Art History and Design Apparel and Textile Design Fashion Show. Her dress was made by apparel and textile design senior Megan Ricica. The piece is titled "Dark Passenger" and is inspired by the television show Dexter. Betsy Agosta</p>

Grand Blanc resident Ella Murray models March 15, 2014 at Wharton Center for Performing Arts for the Department of Art, Art History and Design Apparel and Textile Design Fashion Show. Her dress was made by apparel and textile design senior Megan Ricica. The piece is titled "Dark Passenger" and is inspired by the television show Dexter. Betsy Agosta

Photo by Betsy Agosta | The State News

Can't escape East Lansing next week and looking for something to do over spring break?

If you have Friday classes and will be sticking around that evening, Wharton Center will be hosting the 2015 Michigan State University Apparel and Textile Design Fashion Show at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15.

Friday also marks the beginning of Agriculture and Natural Resources Week. The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources will be hosting a variety of farming and agriculture-themed events throughout spring break. Some highlights include the Michigan State Rabbit Breeders Association, Inc. Annual Convention and Show, which runs Friday through Sunday in the MSU Pavilion for Agriculture, and the Horse Expo 2015, running from March 13-15 also at the MSU Pavilion.

If you’re not one for fashion or agriculture, current jazz artist in residence and renowned guitarist Peter Bernstein will be performing along with MSU Jazz Orchestra. Bernstein has been involved in more than 80 recordings and various performances with musicians from every generation. Take the chance to see him live Friday at 8 p.m. in the Auditorium. Tickets are free for students.

On March 7, Lansing Capital Roller Derby will be hosting its 2015 Season Opener with the Lansing Mitten Mavens competing against the Floral City Roller Girls at 8 p.m. in the Court One Training Center in East Lansing.

On March 12 at The Loft, premier digital violinist Dixon’s Violin will be taking the stage. This unique musician has performed at Electric Forest and Burning Man, and his music can also be found on TED.com. 

The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 online and $12 at the door.

The annual St. Patrick's Day celebration in Grand Ledge will be held on March 13 and 14, with the parade beginning at 2 p.m. in the downtown area and a multitude of Irish-themed events to fill out the rest of the evening. 

Share and discuss “Stuck in East Lansing over spring break? You have options” on social media.