MSU college of music to put on 15th annual Cello Plus Music Festival in early April

The MSU college of music will be putting on its 15th annual Cello Plus Chamber Music Festival on April 6, 8, 10 and 12. 

The festival will feature five acclaimed faculty artists and four world-renowned guest artists. Also appearing will be advanced MSU student string players and students from the University Chorale. 

The festival’s artistic director is professor of cello and the co-chair of the string area, Souren Bagratuni. The festival will be the university’s 15th annual, and Professor Bagratuni is already looking forward to the event.

“Every year is different from the last, there’s always something new and exciting every year," Bagratuni said.

The festival will consist of four concerts, all of which will take place in the Fairchild Theatre in MSU’s Auditorium. 

At 7:30 pm on April 6th, the first of four concert will be held. The concert will be dedicated to the artistic style of Schubert and Dvo?ák.

The second concert, taking place on April 8 at 7:30 pm, will focus on French styles of French music. 

The third concert, taking place on April 10 at 8 pm, will focus on the music of legendary composer Bach. 

The fourth and final day of the festival, starting at 3 pm, will feature a new event for the festival, a silent movie with live piano and strings playing in the background. 

“This is going to be a great festival,” Bagratuni said. “I’m very excited to see my fellow colleagues at the festival and play some great music. I’m also very excited to see my students participating in the event."

Tickets for the festival are $15 for adults, $12 for senior citizens, and $5 for students and those under 18 years old. They can be purchased at the door 30 minutes before each performance, or online at the College of Music website. 

Share and discuss “MSU college of music to put on 15th annual Cello Plus Music Festival in early April” on social media.