Senior laughs off an awkward Izzone encounter after gif image goes viral

It all started with a meme of her wearing her regular game day outfit, a MSU tank jersey and aviator sunglasses, with the words "Saturday mornings are tough." Then it blew up into a viral gif of Big Ten Network footage of a man behind her checking her out, with multiple takes.

Advertising senior Madison Stalker said she cried laughing when she first saw the gif and had someone point out the guy in the back. At first, she didn't notice it.

“I kept thinking, 'this is getting awkward for my butt,'" Stalker said.

The two had conversed during the game, trash talking Illinois.

"He’s a goofy kid so I didn’t expect nothing less than what it was. That was just his personality, I think, to do it like that, from what I gathered from the two hours spent with him," Stalker said.

Stalker said she has been attending basketball games since her freshman year, and has always ended up on camera. Awkward interactions usually follow. 

Stalker regularly appears on the jumbotron during games. One late night at Conrad's, a drunk customer referred to her as “Izzone girl," which she considered more awkward than the recent gif. 

If she gets the chance, Stalker said she hopes to do a reenactment, where she is the one checking out the guy, and end up on national television. 

Share and discuss “Senior laughs off an awkward Izzone encounter after gif image goes viral” on social media.