MSU men's basketball up on Georgetown by 1 at halftime

Taking a break from Big Ten play, the bronze-clad Spartans are besting Georgetown at halftime in Madison Square Garden, 30-29.

Ten Spartans have made their way onto the court, with eight scoring at least once to give MSU the early lead. It certainly hasn’t been a ball handling clinic, with both teams combining for 19 turnovers.

It also was a horrid start for MSU on the boards, as the Hoyas kicked off the game outrebounding the Spartans, 9-1. The Spartans have climbed back to clean up the glass and trail in rebounding 16-11.

Redshirt freshman forward Kenny Kaminski has been the man for MSU so far, hitting 3-of-4 3-pointers for a game-high nine points.

His first long ball tied the game at 13, with freshman guard Alvin Ellis III hitting two free throws to give MSU its first lead at 15-13.

Sophomore guard Gary Harris scored his lone points for the half on a long ball, giving MSU a five-point lead at 18-13.

After he Hoyas went on a 5-0 run, Kaminski hit another tripl to give the Spartans a 21-18 lead.

Whenever the Spartans looked to extend their lead, the Hoyas refused to let them pull away, eventually taking a 26-24 lead with just more than two minutes left.

Sophomore guard Denzel Valentine erased Georgetown’s lead with a 3-pointer to give MSU a 28-26 lead.

Harris is also in deep foul trouble with three fouls to his name, with sophomore forward Russell Byrd committing two fouls in the half as well.

Share and discuss “MSU men's basketball up on Georgetown by 1 at halftime” on social media.