Sunday, October 27, 2024

Grief absence policy structure changed

The grief absence policy will be going through minor adjustments involving the overall structure of the policy to better its chances of becoming an MSU policy.

ASMSU is changing its previous policy submission into simply a list of recommendations for the administration to create into a policy, Vice President for Academic Affairs Emily Bank said in an email.

“It will be easier to get a list of recommendations approved, compared to a more specific policy,” Banks said.

The policy calls for three excused absence days during five calender days when there is a death in the immediate family or an extended family member who lives in the same household. Students will receive one excused absence day in the case of a death of an extended family member who doesn’t live in the same household as the student.

The policy was made clearer in areas involving the amount of additional time students would be given based on how far students might have to travel.

Chair of the Academic Affairs Committee Rajeeth Devanand said there will be a control central authority that will help determine cases where students will need to travel and need an extended absence.

Share and discuss “Grief absence policy structure changed” on social media.