Two shootings reported Saturday on I-96, motorist wounded

<p>A Michigan State Police sketch identifies a person of interest behind a series of shootings along I-96 and M-52. Provided by the Ingham County Sheriff&#8217;s Office.</p>

A Michigan State Police sketch identifies a person of interest behind a series of shootings along I-96 and M-52. Provided by the Ingham County Sheriff’s Office.

Photo by Courtesy of Michigan State Police | The State News

Two shootings were reported on I-96 in Livingston County earlier Saturday, and police believe they are connected to 22 other shootings that occurred late last week, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Livingston County Sheriff Bob Bezotte said just prior to noon, an 18-year-old driver reported his car had been shot near the Fowlerville Road exit. The shot went though the rear driver’s side window and passed through the other side of the car, the Press reported.

The Press also reported another driver thought his car had blown a tire less than a half hour later near the same exit. When the driver pulled over to check, Bezotte said, he noticed his buttocks were wet and realized he also had been hit by a bullet.

Police are urging anyone with information to come forward and call Crime Stoppers of Michigan at 800-773-2587 (800-SPEAK-UP).

Keep checking statenews.com and later editions of The State News for more on this developing story.

Share and discuss “Two shootings reported Saturday on I-96, motorist wounded” on social media.