Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Police investigating shooting incidents along I-96 corridor

<p>A Michigan State Police sketch identifies a person of interest behind a series of shootings along I-96 and M-52. Provided by the Ingham County Sheriff&#8217;s Office.</p>

A Michigan State Police sketch identifies a person of interest behind a series of shootings along I-96 and M-52. Provided by the Ingham County Sheriff’s Office.

MSU Police and the Ingham County Sheriff’s Office are helping to investigate a series of shootings that occurred in Ingham, Livingston and Oakland counties late last week.

Nine agencies are helping to investigate 22 shooting incidents that happened between Oct. 16-18 on highways M-52 and I-96, according to a press release from Wixom Police Department.

Most of the incidents involved shooters driving down the highway and shooting at drivers heading in the opposite direction, Ingham County Sheriff’s Office Major Joel Maatman said.

A sketch was created by the Michigan State Police, and police have identified two vehicles of interest — a black 1998 Oldsmobile Alero and a 1998 Toyota Camry.

No shootings have occurred since Oct. 18, but residents are encouraged to keep watch for suspicious activity and report any incidents the the police.

People are encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 517-483-STOP or 1-800-SPEAK UP if they have any tips.

Share and discuss “Police investigating shooting incidents along I-96 corridor” on social media.