Saturday, October 26, 2024

New State News leaders elected

<p><strong>Matt Hallowell</strong></p>

Matt Hallowell

The State News Board of Directors has selected the future leaders of the paper.

For the upcoming summer semester, the board selected media and information senior Matt Hallowell for the summer editor in chief.

Hallowell has been working for The State News as a photographer since the 2010 summer semester and was hired as the photo editor during the 2011-12 academic year.

Hallowell plans to use his experience as photo editor to work with photographers, designers and reporters to create a more visually oriented paper.

“I want to get the new (students at The State News) a lot of experience, so when the school year comes, we can hit the ground running,” Hallowell said. “I know more of the visual end of the paper than others and will work closely with the photographers and designers to ensure The State News has captivating visuals.”

Next year, The State News’ advertising department will be led by advertising and English senior Colleen Curran.

Curran will return as the advertising manager for her second straight year. Curran has been with The State News since October 2008 and has been an account executive, team leader and assistant advertising manager.

Curran said she will use technology currently available to help The State News thrive.

“I want to work on utilizing web and media to bring in revenue,” Curran said. “I want to explore new ways to bring in revenue people have yet to discover.”

For next year’s fall and spring semester editor in chief, the board selected journalism junior Andrew Krietz to lead The State News.

Krietz has been with The State News for six semesters and has served as the cops and courts reporter, administration reporter, campus editor and deputy managing editor.

Krietz has many goals, but his main goal is to spur innovation in the newsroom and let everyone voice their thoughts, he said.

“It’s important to take everybody’s opinion in mind when you want to achieve your goals,” Krietz said.

Share and discuss “New State News leaders elected” on social media.